Sunday, August 21, 2011

Move-in Day at UC Merced

Welcome to the 1,400 plus new students moving in and starting classes this week at UC Merced, who bring our campus population past 5,000 students for the first time! I remember how exciting it was to start my undergraduate studies.  A bunch of staff and faculty volunteered to help with move-in this morning I was assigned to hand out keys as students checked in to The Summits residence halls.  While I was busy on campus, Sean took Ili in to get her stitches removed.  She is healing well from her surgery.  When he picked me up, naturally we had to stop at La Super Michocana for some aguas frescas.


This year's Common Read Project book is Popul Vuh, which I have been reading in preparation for the beginning of the school year.  Luckily I have friends on campus who are in the loop, as Heather told me about the Common Read book, and Belinda told me where I could pick up a free copy.  It is providing interesting food for thought as I prepare to co-teach a Freshman Success course.  I am looking forward to heading back into the classroom, if only for 1 hour per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment